At the age of 20, I stopped drinking. Of course I spent my teen years getting drunk in dingy clubs but, the day after my 20th birthday, I realised that I didn't like alcohol. It was expensive, it tasted horrible and, to be honest, I was a nightmare when I'd been drinking. So, just like that, I stopped. Don't get me wrong, I'm not entirely teetotal. Sometimes I'll be offered a cocktail at an event and I'll accept but, when given the choice, I'll generally always pick the non-alcoholic option and I never get drunk.
1. No more of that "Oh God, please don't tell me what I did last night!" fear.
2. Waking up on a Sunday morning without a pounding head and dodgy taste in your mouth.
3. Having the power to completely humiliate all your friends who were drinking.
4. Finding your skin looks amazing.
And, the best reason of all:
5. Being able to go out with £15 and come back with change.
Seriously, a night out for me now costs about £10 including entrance fee and I have the best time! I've never been one to rely on alcohol to lower my inhibitions, so I'm usually the first to hit the dancefloor and don't leave until 2am. Better still, I remember everything and I haven't made a total fool of myself.
Give it a go and raise some money for charity. What have you got to lose?
For the record, this is not a sponsored post and nor have I been contacted by Macmillan. It's just a cause I believe in and have decided to support.